In response to requests to make professional blogs available for crystallographers, the IUCr has established two new servers
- blogs.iucr.org for official IUCr use, including Executive Committee, Commissions, Editors and staff
- blogs.iucr.net for contributions from the wider crystallographic community
The servers use the popular WordPress content management system, which will already be familiar to many users.
If you wish the IUCr to host your blog, please contact us with the following information
- Your name and email address
- Your IUCr identifier (the id under which you have a registered entry in the World Directory of Crystallographers)
- A short name to identify your blog (e.g. ‘swapi’) – this will also act as your account login id
- The title of your blog (e.g. ‘Software APIs for crystallography’)
Note that requests for blogs will only be considered from bona fide crystallographers registered in the World Directory.
If your request is approved, you will receive a system-generated email when the blog has been set up. This will confirm your login id and provide a password to allow you to administer and post content to your blog.