Here are some basic works to look at:
- Vladislav Blatov and Davide Proserpio have posted their chapter on Periodic-Graph Approaches in Crystal Structure Prediction online.
- My student, Daniel Cruz, wrote an Undergraduate Thesis on A General Approach to the Production and Geometry of the Square Trigonal Prismatic Crystal Net as an accessible introduction to the problem of designing novel MOFS, using Alex Schoedel’s stp as his case study.
- Olaf Delgado_Friedrichs, Martin Foster, Michael O’Keeffe, Davide Proserpio, Michael Treacy and Omar Yaghi surveyed What do we know about three-periodic nets?
- Olaf Delgado-Friedrichs, Michael O’Keeffe presented Crystal nets as graphs: Terminology and definitions.
- Stephen Hyde, Michael O’Keeffe and Davide Proserpio presented A Short History of an Elusive Yet Ubiquitous Structure in Chemistry, Materials, and Mathematics.
- Toshikazu Sunada prepared a Lecture on Topological Crystallography
- Omar M. Yaghi, Michael O’Keeffe, Nathan W. Ockwig, Hee K. Chae, Mohamed Eddaoudi and Jaheon Kim presented a Reticular synthesis and the design of new materials.